Wednesday 22 September 2010

The simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play

http://www.magforum.com/notprivateeye.htm
Our local fourth estate doesn't seem overly interested in opposing views to the ruling Town Council Junta.

I wrote a strong letter to the 'tiser two weekends ago. It didn't appear last week but they assured me it had been received and referred to the boss.

Today, it didn't appear either so I can only assume it has been spiked. It was under the 350 word limit and I gave my address (but not my daytime phone number, which they could have emailed me for). There are four letters today- one about veg growers, one about thanking a Pub for a raffle and two from Chuggers.

Oh- and a column from Ed Balls MP talking about the chiiiiildren.

I seem to remember a few others mentioning that letters critical of the Mimbys never quite seem to make it into the paper these days (since Bob Evans retired) or if they do, they get heavily watered down.

Are we seeing a pattern emerging here? 

No comments: